Thank you for your vital support of our students, teachers, community, and mission. Your investment allows us to nurture each Kingsley student towards their limitless potential. Contributions to Kingsley Montessori School are tax-deductible and our Tax ID# is 04-2104370 and some gift types provide additional tax benefits for the donor. Read our Guide to Giving to learn more about the ways your giving helps the Kingsley community.
There are many ways to give:
Please make checks payable to Kingsley Montessori School and indicate in the memo your gift’s purpose (ex. Annual Fund) and mail to:Kingsley Montessori SchoolAttn: Advancement Office26 Exeter StreetBoston MA 02116
To make a gift over the phone with your Visa or MasterCard, please call the Advancement Office at 617-610-2367.
A donor advised fund (DAF) allows you to combine favorable tax benefits with the flexibility to support your favorite causes. To make a gift through your DAF, please contact Ellen Doonan.
- Contributions to a DAF are immediately tax-deductible, and are invested and grow tax-free.
- DAFs can be established with public charities, community foundations, and investment firms.
- In addition to cash, donors can enjoy substantial tax savings by funding their DAFs through appreciated assets such as stocks and real estate.
To make a gift of appreciated securities, please notify Courtney Tomaselli, Chief Advancement Officer, with the following information:
- Type and number of securities to be given
- Your broker’s name, company, and telephone number
- Approximate value of the gift
- Anticipated date of the gift
- Designation of gift (Kingsley Annual Fund, Kingsley Capital Campaign)
Key donor benefits of a $10,000 gift of stock with a cost basis of $2,000
|CASH GIFT||STOCK GIFT|
|Current fair market value of stock||$10,000||$10,000|
|Income taxes saved||$3,700||$3,700|
|Capital gains taxes saved*||$0||$1,904|
|Total tax savings||$3,700||$5,604|
*Assumes 20% capital gains tax and a 3.8% surtax on net investment income
Increase Your Impact
- Employer Match - Many companies sponsor matching gift programs that increase their employees’ charitable contributions. This is additional support for Kingsley in your name, at no additional cost to you. Ask your human resources office for the necessary forms.
Planned Gifts - Planned gifts, including those from charitable trusts, retirement plans, and life insurance policies, If you inform Kingsley of your plans, we will be able to thank you now and publicly recognize your support.
IRA Gifts - For those aged 70.5 and older, gifts made directly from your IRA can count toward your required minimum distribution. Provided you have the funds sent directly to Kingsley Montessori School, rather than to you first, these funds stay out of your taxable income. Ask your IRA administrator for the "Qualified Charitable Distribution" forms.
Bequests - A bequest is a gift from your estate that costs nothing now and enables you to allow you to leave a lasting legacy of support for Kingsley’s mission.