1. I learned how to drive in a VW Thing and have driven a dump truck and a zamboni.
Welcome to Kingsley!
We are a neighborhood school serving the Back Bay, South End, and Beacon Hill. From our historic buildings on Fairfield and Exeter streets to Clarendon Playground, the Charles River Esplanade, and the Boston Public Library, our campus is the city.
From our youngest Toddler students who are learning to explore their classrooms and the world around them to our Sixth Grade students who are tackling real-world problems in their work with Montessori Model United Nations, you’ll find confident and engaged learners at all levels. Kingsley’s programs cultivate students’ academic and social development and prepare them to advance successfully to leading next schools.
- To our newest visitors and future families: We invite you to explore our website, visit our campuses, and get to know our school. I look forward to meeting you as you go through the admissions process and can’t wait to introduce you to our vibrant school community and unique program.
- To our current community members: Thank you for all you do to keep our Kingsley community thriving. You are an ongoing source of inspiration for me, and have my utmost respect and deepest gratitude.
Head of School
Fun Facts About Steve
2. I love to travel. I have visited all ten Canadian provinces (Territories are up next); traveled in the former Soviet Union twice where I ice fished on Lake Pskov and visited Registan Square in Samarkand; and I have twice road tripped across the United States (once when I was six with my family and once when I was 49 with my daughter).
3. I am an AVID reader. I loved books by author Virginia Lee Burton and Ezra Jack Keats as a child and fantasy/science fiction and historical fiction a little later. Today, I am a huge fan of graphic novels (and once had a collection of over 3,000 comic books–which I sold to purchase an engagement ring!) and poetry (Mary Oliver and Billy Collins are favorites).
4. I love to cook and try new recipes for special occasions. My more successful efforts include osso buco, barbacoa, maki, and grilled pizzas.
5. I have been married for almost 30 years to science educator and educational innovator Sarah. We have two children, Sam and Elise who are both currently attending college. None of them laugh at my dad jokes as much as Kingsley students!
6. I am a New England Sports fan through and through, with the Red Sox as my first favorite team followed by the UCONN women’s basketball team and the now defunct Hartford Whalers.
7. And, I am a lifelong movie buff. I have been a Star Wars fan from the very beginning—and I saw the filming of Jaws!