Kingsley offers a full slate of Auxiliary Programs; from After School activities, to private music lessons, to vacation programming. Auxiliary Programs are available for P3 through Grade 6 and run every day until 5:30 p.m.
Our Auxiliary Program focuses on:
- Fostering out-of-classroom friendships
- Providing time for homework and independent projects
- Building music and language skills
- Encouraging new interests
Summer in the City 2023
- Registration opens to Kingsley families on January 17, 2023
- Registration opens to the public on January 31, 2023
- Registration closes on May 30, 2023
Spring 2023 Auxiliary Programs (Including March Vacation Week)
- Registration opens to Kingsley families on February 7, 2023
- Registration closes on February 28, 2023
Fall 2023 Auxiliary Programs
- Registration opens to Kingsley families on July 18, 2023
- Registration closes on August 8, 2023
An extended day experience for students in P3–Grade 6, After School Care serves as a place to foster out-of-classroom friendships, provide time for homework and independent projects, and encourage new interests. After School Care is divided by grade level as follows:
- Friendship Club (Grades P3–K)
- After School Club (Grades 1–3)
- Homework Club (Grades 4–6)
Registration is by day of the week, to allow families flexibility in their scheduling. Primary registration occurs in the fall, with the option to make adjustments each following trimester.
Enrichment Classes are offered Monday through Friday for students in Grades P3–6, with options 3:00–4:00 p.m. and 4:15–5:15 p.m.
Classes vary by day of the week, and are an opportunity for students to take a deeper dive into an area of interest, whether art, dance, coding, or chess. Enrichments are led by instructors with specialized experience, and partner organizations include Boston Ballet, Empow Studios, and Four Knights Chess Academy.
Enrollment is on a first-come, first-serve basis. Space is limited to 10–12 students in order to maintain a low student-teacher ratio. Registration occurs on a trimester basis.
After School Athletics
Kingsley has partnered with local organizations such as Boston University’s Fitness and Recreation, the Huntington Avenue YMCA, Knucklebones, and Echo Fencing Studios to offer a fun and engaging range of athletic options for students during After School hours.
Class options vary by age group and are open to students in Grades P3–6. Registration is on a first-come, first-serve basis and occurs each trimester.
Kingsley students also participate in Big M.A.C. (Montessori Athletic Conference) each season, developing friendly rivalries with 13 area schools through a series of scrimmages, games, and meets. This program is available to students in Grades 5 and 6 for the following sports:
- Fall Trimester: Soccer
- Winter Trimester: Basketball
- Spring Trimester: Cross Country Running
Individual, 30-minute private lessons are available to students grade P4 and up. Current offerings include:
- Engaging, enriching programming is offered to students in Grades P3–6 during the first week of our school vacation periods.
- Offered December 19–22, 2022 and March 13–17, 2023.
Other questions about our After School Program?