VIEW AS PDF
Located in the heart of Boston’s Back Bay, Kingsley is a premier, independent day school guided by a unique blend of Montessori philosophy and innovative programming. Kingsley offers an education tailored to the talents, curiosity, and growth of each student. Our progressive, inquiry-based programs cultivate students’ social and academic development and prepare them to advance successfully to top public and independent middle schools.
- This is a public-facing role that requires strong interpersonal skills balanced with a good sense of humor.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- This role will require the expert use of Schooldude—the digital database used to report and track maintenance items.
- Be on call to provide proactive maintenance support for two buildings in the Back Bay.
- Help oversee the general operations of the school working with a variety of Kingsley staff members. Tasks will include: painting, assembling furniture, watering plants, arranging chairs for events, delivering boxes to classrooms, etc.
- Candidate is required to travel between both buildings, transport packages on a daily basis, and occasionally lift heavy items.
- Help oversee the cleaning needs in both buildings, working with our cleaning company on a regular basis.
- Be on call to support teachers and staff with typical school day messes as they arise.
Security & Safety
- This position will report to the CFO/COO.
- Serves as a key member of the Kingsley community to ensure that safety and security is maximized at all times.
- Help coordinate snow removal when necessary working with our snow removal contractor.
- Collaborate with staff to ensure timely and detailed event set up and breakdown.
Experience: 3-5 years of maintenance or equivalent experience.
Salary & Benefits: This position comes with a competitive salary level and a comprehensive range of benefits.
References: Three professional references will need to be provided.
TO APPLY, CANDIDATES SHOULD SEND THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION BY EMAIL:
APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE SENT TO:
Assistant to the Head of School
*electronic file names must be in the following format:
FirstName LastName CoverLetter Year
FirstName LastName Resume Year