VIEW AS PDF
Certified Nursing Assistant Position (Full Time)
Starting in July / August 2020
Located in the heart of Boston’s Back Bay, Kingsley is an independent day school guided by a unique blend of Montessori philosophy and innovative programming. Kingsley offers a Montessori education tailored to the talents, curiosity, and growth of each student. Our progressive, inquiry-based programs cultivate students’ social and academic development, and prepare them to advance successfully to top public and independent middle schools. Our program’s commitment to knowing every child and to partnering with parents propels each student to access his or her potential.
School nursing is an evolving practice. At Kingsley, we take pride in our clinical care for students and in keeping them and their families at the center of all that we do. That’s why we’re committed to knowing our students on a deeper level — not just as students, but as individuals — to ensure that they, and their families, feel known and well cared for.
Kingsley healthcare staff are deeply committed to providing the highest quality, evidence-based care in an inclusive environment. We work each day to achieve our goal — to provide excellent care to students, support to faculty and staff all while maintaining the safest environment possible.
Functioning under the direction of the Registered Nurse (RN) and as a member of the school health team, the Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) performs duties of direct and indirect student care. The CNA is responsible for supporting the RN with clinical tasks, including, but not limited to glucometry, basic first aid and vital signs. In addition, the CNA is responsible for responding to the needs of students and family members and takes a proactive role in responding to the needs of faculty as necessary.
- The following duties will be performed under the general direction of a Nurse.
- Anticipates the individual needs of students, within the plan of care established by the registered nurse.
- Maintains familiarity with expected student outcomes of all tasks performed, recognizes situations requiring RN notification.
- Maintains thorough understanding of activity and equipment within the working environment, including the application of precautions.
- Measures and records non-invasive vital signs.
- Collects and records glucometry and carb counts as necessary.
- Completes clinical setup and clean up, and assists RN during student office visits as needed.
- Performs simple dressing changes.
- Functions as a student observer under the direction of the registered nurse.
- Responsible for escorting students/families upon being dismissed from school. Ensures that the student has full instructions of home care or needs post-dismissal.
- Transports students and/or equipment to other areas of the school, when needed.
- Maintains health office, including changing bed linens, disinfection between students etc. when needed.
- Orders and maintains non-perishable supplies in office.
- All other duties, as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS OF PREFERRED CANDIDATE:
- Certified Nursing Assistant license in the state of MA required upon hire, unless the candidate is a nursing student who has completed her/his fundamentals of nursing with a clinical component (clinical rotation or simulation lab).
- Prior experience in a clinical setting preferred.
- Prior experience in pediatrics preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Adheres to the adopted policies of Kingsley Montessori School.
- Competitive, independent school salaries
- Matching 403b plan
- Dental, Health, and Flexible Spending (FSA)
- Qualified transportation program
- Kingsley tuition remission of up to 50% for eligible children of full-time employees
TO APPLY, CANDIDATES SHOULD SEND THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION* BY EMAIL:
- A cover letter describing your interest in the position with an overview of your background and experience
- A current resume
APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE SENT TO:
Hilary Gillcrist, Associate Director of Elementary Operations — email@example.com
*Electronic file names must be in the following format:
- FirstName LastName CoverLetter Year
- FirstName LastName Resume Year