VIEW AS PDF
Kingsley seeks applicants for an After School Program Teacher for the Elementary Division. We seek reflective, intentional educators who are looking to contribute to a progressive, integrated curriculum informed by Montessori pedagogy and principles. As an After School Program Teacher, this individual will share responsibility for the After School Program student experience and develop strong partnerships with parents and colleagues. This position also includes assisting with the development of the Summer Program Curriculum. Other important duties include advancing your professional and personal growth, fulfilling administrative duties when necessary, and supporting the school in multiple other areas. This role is a great opportunity for educators interested in seeing many different facets of an independent school. All teachers attend regular meetings, and share responsibilities with other faculty in the areas of curriculum management, after school schedules, student needs, and the After School Program environment. After School Program Teachers report to the Director of Auxiliary Programs.
Located in the heart of Boston’s Back Bay, Kingsley is an independent day school guided by a unique blend of Montessori philosophy and innovative programming. Kingsley offers a Montessori education tailored to the talents, curiosity, and growth of each student. Our progressive, inquiry-based programs cultivate students’ social and academic development, and prepare them to advance successfully to top public and independent middle schools. Our program’s commitment to knowing every child and to partnering with parents propels each student to access his or her potential.
General School Day Support
- Assist with classroom coverage as needed throughout the school.
- Support with coverage during recess, lunch, P.E. class, and other occasions as needed.
- Collaborate with classroom teachers to ensure continuity between the classroom and After School Program.
After School Program Teacher
- Develop lesson plans and activities and lead engaging hands-on lessons in collaboration with the classroom teachers and other after school teachers.
- Monitor student attendance of the programs by collecting attendance rosters, updating attendance database, and communicating attendance issues with the Auxiliary Programs Coordinator.
- Ensure the safety and well-being of each student by creating a safe and engaging classroom.
- Lead safe After School trips to locations off-campus.
- Observe all rules and regulations of Kingsley Montessori School.
- Maintain overall professional personal appearance adhering to the guidelines of the Kingsley Montessori School.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- BA/BS degree required
- Experience with a variety of instructional methods and multi-age learning environments
- Demonstrated knowledge of curriculum design and development
- Ability to work collaboratively with faculty to enhance curriculum and community
- Commitment to meeting the needs of each child
- Commitment to professional growth and best practices in education
- Familiarity with and/or an interest in learning more about Montessori pedagogy [American Montessori Society (AMS) / Association Montessori Internationale (AMI) teaching credentials are a plus but are not required]
This is a full-time position, 10:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m., offering the following benefits:
- Competitive, independent school salaries
- Matching 403b plan
- Dental, Health, and Flexible Spending (FSA)
- Professional development opportunities
- Qualified transportation program
- Tuition reimbursement for eligible employees seeking Montessori certification
- Tuition remission up to 50% for full-time employees
TO APPLY, CANDIDATES SHOULD SEND THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION* BY EMAIL:
- A cover letter describing your interest in the position with overview of your background and experience with children and education
- A current resume
APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE SENT TO:
Karen Diamond, Assistant to the Head of School—email@example.com
*electronic file names must be in the following format: FirstName LastName CoverLetter Year FirstName LastName Resume Year