CAMPUS COVID RESPONSE PLAN
- Students presenting with symptoms of COVID-19 will be isolated promptly and advised to seek medical care to determine the cause of the symptoms.
- Class will continue for the remainder of the cohort while test results are pending for symptomatic students/staff. If 2 or more students become symptomatic, the entire cohort will be excluded from being on campus.
- If all tests results are negative, the cohort will resume hybrid or on campus learning. For those students feeling unwell, parents will be advised to contact the nurse to discuss a return plan.
- If tests reveal a confirmed positive case of COVID-19, the cohort and close contacts will be excluded from campus for 14 days.
- The community will be informed promptly of any confirmed cases on campus.
- If a student or staff member has a confirmed household exposure, they will be excluded from school for 14 days from the last known date of exposure.
COVID ON CAMPUS RESPONSE STRATEGY
Step 1: Notify the Department of Public Health
If there is a confirmed COVID diagnosis on campus, the School will report it to the DPH and proceed per their directives.
Step 2: Alerts, Quarantine, Contact Tracing, and Cleaning
Families of the relevant cohort will be notified immediately. Teachers and students in the affected cohort will be sent home and will initiate Home Learning during a 14-day quarantine. The School will initiate contact tracing with the support of the DPH. The cohort's learning spaces and all shared spaces will be deep cleaned.
Step 3: Communication
In addition to notifying the specific cohort, we will inform all families and staff of a positive COVID diagnosis and reiterate instructions for monitoring symptoms.